Sunday, July 28, 2013

almost august.

i get up early whether i intend to or not. it's a good thing i'm a morning person. i prepared myself some oatmeal and opened the back door to enjoy my breakfast on the stoop. the air was very cool, i had to grab a sweater.. i live for this weather. the smell of the air took me back to the east coast, the misty cool morning freshness. i could smell the garden from the step, especially the dill. even the oatmeal with the blueberries in it reminded me of the coast..
i love our back yard. we're pretty central in the city but out there, it feels like i'm anywhere i can imagine. it's like an escape from the urban grind. i don't know what i'd do without it, certainly not enjoy my life to the degree that i do. anyways, i'm glad it's finally cooling off. august is my favourite month of the summer because the sun is still warm, the lakes are perfect swimming temperature [if you can find one clean enough] and the mornings are cool enough for a hoodie. almost makes me miss working afternoons so that i could soak up the morning light. now is good enough, lest i forget to enjoy it...


1 comment:

  1. Yea, this summer is going by like it ain't shit, yo. I'ma hit the shed in a minute I'll smoke some of this for ass bubble kush I got for you. Stay up, kid.

    ReplyDelete